Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chinese Hot Pot

Tonight I got to experience a Chinese Hot Pot! My cousin Dean that is in for a visit from Taiwan, invited my family & I over for dinner. I had such a good time. I wasn't quite sure what a Hot Pot entailed, but I loved it! Dean had made a really big batch of broth (not sure what else you would call it) with veggies in it. There were two tables set up and on each table there was a pot in the middle that was on and had the broth boiling hot. There were all kinds of things to cook like shrimp balls, meatballs, chicken, steak, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, corn, brussel sprouts, etc. You would just pick out what you wanted and throw it in the pot for it to cook. It didn't take long at all for the food to get ready, but it was a lot of fun chit chatting while the food cooked and then getting to try different things. I thought it was really sweet of them to have us over and give us the awesome experience.
Dean getting the hot pot ready


The broth before anything is added

Yum


My cousin, Shelly, & I. She has such a beautiful home!

This was green bean noodles...they were so good, but so long! lol

My cousin, Dean

Group shot I stole off of Shelly's FB page. : ) Left to right: Timmy (Sara's bf), Shelly, Wayne, me, Chance, & Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment